Kasumi Hinouchi is an artist and printmaker from Japan, currently residing in Brighton, UK.
In her work she focuses on the human body in transitioning states, mutating from a concrete object of temptation to an abstract object of the artist's imagination.
Dance is one of the formative poetic moments in Hinouchi's work. Either by layering frames of dancers in time or framing dancers in a multiplicity of space utilizing the kinematic qualities of dance to influence the physical image making process. These techniques produce artifacts that don't always allow for an intelligible determination of a 'sujet'. In this murky area she finds her provisional point of arrival.
- General Studies in Photography, International Center of Photography, New York, 2013
- The Practice of Large, Bushwick Open Studios, New York, June 2014
- PWP's 38th Anniversary Women's International Open Call for Entry, Online Exhibition, 2013
- Photoville, New York, September 2013
- The View from here-Student Final Exhibition, International Center Of Photography, New York, June 2013
Publications and Press
- Average Art, August edition, UK, 2016
- PWP's 38th Anniversary Women's International Open Call for Entry, Honorable Mention, 2013
- Lisette Model Scholarship, International Center Of Photography, February 2013